Birth control is about equality for women. Using birth control lets women plan when and whether to have a family. In fact, 99% of women use birth control at some point in their lives.
Many anti-choice activists oppose birth control just as much as they oppose abortion.
- They work to block women's access to birth control at pharmacies and hospitals.
- They lie about birth control to perpetuate a myth that it causes an abortion. Birth control is not abortion.
- They work to deny women contraceptive coverage.
There are many ways to make sure that women get the birth control they need. Better access means fewer unintended pregnancies.
- Emergency contraception (EC) can prevent pregnancy if used up to five days after sex.
- Pharmacies should not be able to refuse to fill a woman's prescription for birth control.
- The government should make sure that low-income women can afford birth control at family-planning clinics.
- Insurance plans should cover prescription birth control without a copay. And almost all do, thanks to Obamacare.
News & Updates
These anti-choice politicians could certainly use a sex ed class. See the ridiculous and offensive things they've said.
Affordability and access to care go hand in hand. Here’s why King v. Burwell is so important for millions of Americans.