We believe that women should have option to choose abortion. Today they can, thanks to the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. But even though access to abortion is legal, our right to it is far from safe. Anti-choice groups attack our right to choose at every opportunity.
Anti-choice people want to outlaw abortion, regardless of the woman's situation. They will stop at nothing to make it harder for women to access abortion. They even target the doctors who provide abortion care.
Anti-choice people use many of the following tactics to reach their goals:
- Violent tactics that intimidate doctors and patients
- Bans on safe abortion methods that protect women's health
- Restrictions on low-income women's access to abortion and other health care
- Dangerous laws that jeopardize young women's health and safety
- "Crisis pregnancy centers" that intentionally mislead women
- "Personhood" measures that would ban abortion
- Distortions of science to instill fear
- Restrictions on women's access to RU 486
- Refusal clauses that deny women basic health services
We will always have to fight to keep abortion safe and legal. This means defeating attacks in Congress and in the states.
Finally, we always are sure to separate anti-choice myths from facts.
News & Updates
Did you see the video of Rep. Darrell Issa silencing a Democratic Congressmen by cutting of his mic and refusing to let him speak? Rep. Issa and anti-choice politicians have used all sorts of different tactics to shut down those who don't agree with them.
Two reproductive-health clinics that primarily serve low-income women and families were forced to close as a result of Texas House Bill 2. These were the only clinics in East Texas and Rio Grande Valley.